Mother Advertising is an advertising agency with offices in London, New York and Bueno Aires . Mother London is the UK’s largest independent advertising agency and is widely regarded as the most creative and progressive agency family in the world . The agency’s philosophy is “To make great work, have fun and make money. Always in that order.”
The ‘Mother’ inside experience is a very calm and relaxing one, an atmosphere which very much has a motherly comforting feel to it and look, with the inclusion of the photographs of the designers mothers, and the kitchen area/bar, where we were given drinks, had pots and pans displayed all around, it definately gave a homely impression. I asked the question, why mother? they said they wanted something fresh, and labelled themselve as a mandate to the design industry, same way as a mother is to her son/daughter.
We were given a talk by the creative directors of Mother, new york, sorry I forgot both their names lol and also another woman who used to go to my university. They told us their story of how they go to where they are in the design industry, how to treat clients, advice on idea development, clients relationships and how to get into the industry.
The main points they gave us:
- ALWAYS TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT, NOT JUST THINGS YOU WANT TO DO
- UNDERSTAND THE VALUE OF WORKING WITH PEOPLE
- LEARN HOW TO WORK WITH IDEAS–IDEA OF ONE CANNOT COMPARE TO THE IDEAS OF MANY
- GET TO KNOW ALL SOFTWARE-TAKE ADVANTAGE OF RESOURCES
- HAVE VISUAL IDEAS ON THE WALLS FOR OTHERS TO SEE, THEY CAN ADD INSIGHT OR INFO THAT CAN TRIGGER OFF ANOTHER IDEA
- DON’T HAVE A SPECIFIC STYLE- SO DIFFERENT COMPANIES CAN LOOK AT YOU.